Thank you Kylie at Novelleme for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I had no idea what this was so I had to run a quick google search, for anyone else interested the word ‘Liebster’ is German and has a few definitions such as: sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome and sweetheart. So to be picked for this was a lovely surprise and made me feel great about my blogging.
So here are my questions and answers
1. How did your blog come to be?
I started blogging a few years ago under a fake name. It was quite a personal blog which I used to get me through some struggles, I found it kept my mind distracted and eventually realised it was like a form of therapy for me. It’s a space for me to reflect who I am as a person and for me to ramble on without clogging up my nearest and dearest’s social media!
2. Are you a coffee or tea person?
I am more a green tea person, I like coffee at really random specific times
3. If you could choose a super power, what would it be?
A recharge button! I physically tire very quickly and I love to have productive days. Having a little button to push which instantly boosts my energy levels would be useful and make my life much fuller!
4. What is your favourite book?
Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte. I started reading at quite a young age and my mum introduced me to this book. I’ve loved it ever since.
5. Who is your favourite fictional character and why?
I love Wall-E and Eve because they are complete opposites, funny and show love in such an innocent form with no verbal communication. One of the best films ever!
6. What is your dream career?
I thought my dream career was to become a primary school teacher, which I am currently training to become, however it’s a murky work environment at the moment and I am looking into roles which allow me to work within schools and with children! I have a few more years before I need to commit!
7. What three things would you have with you on a deserted island?
A coat to keep my warm when it’s cold, a plastic box to store water or food in and a compass so I can’t get lost!
8. Do you have a nickname?
I like to be called Lauren but over the years my friends and family have called me Lolly, Laurie, Lozza, Loz, Loubie Lou, LJ, Lolol.
9. What is a unique talent that you have?
I can lick my elbow! Only the left one.
10. What is one key thing you want to achieve in 2015?
I want to pass my teaching placement in June.
11. What person (famous or otherwise) do you most admire?
I admire different people in different moments, everyone can be admirable, minus a few!
11 random facts about me:
– I always have painted toenails
– My favourite dinner is a roast
– I have never broken a bone
– I am studying to be primary school teacher
– I have family in Wales, Ireland, Scotland and England! Very much established in the UK.
– I own a purple car
– I have not thrown up in 11 years and am developing a fear of being sick
– My favourite word is BUBBLE
– I hate seafood and haven’t eaten it since I was about 5. I love Prawn Cocktail crisps though!
– I am teaching myself how to Crochet
– I had pink train track braces in school for a year and a half
I now nominate:
Your questions are:
1) What is your favourite word?
2) Why do you blog?
3) What is your biggest achievement to date?
4) If you could have anything in the world, what would it be?
5) What is your favourite song?
6) Which is your favourite season?
7) What has been your most popular blog post?
8) Who makes you smile?
9) If you had to describe yourself as a vegetable, what would you be?
10) Are you a shower or a bath person?
11) What current affairs interest you the most?
If you want to participate just answer the questions above on a blog post, write 11 random facts about yourself and then nominate some new bloggers with a new set of questions!